Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stills- Religion



This one has got me thinking. I've herd the saying many times "Don't talk about religion or politics" but here goes, some of my thoughts on religion. I am defiantly not a traditionalist when it comes to religion. I feel much more at peace with God out in a meadow full of flowers, or walking in the woods than I ever will in a church setting.

I've seen so many peoples life's messed up from religious beliefs. Who made all of those rules that are different for each religion? There are many people through out history who have done horrible things in the name of religion.

As I said to my brother in law "If those people are going to be in heaven, no thanks, I don't want to be there".

I did love to go to Vacation Bible school when I was a kid and think back with fond memories of sunshine, crafts, snacks and nice people.

I also loved Youth group as a teenager, and was in a bible study with a group of ranch ladies that I really enjoyed.

5 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

I feel that you don't have to go to church to believe in God. It helps, but I don't feel it's necessary. I get tired of the clicks. I'm too country or not sophisticated enough. Whatever the reason. Me and God walk around the farm together all the time.

Paula said...

Sweet country church~ Where's that at?
I think Mom's version of religion is what we all share, and what you just wrote about. I never want to be a "Sunday Christian" - some one who goes to church every Sunday faithfully, talks about being a "Christian" constantly, but does live it on a day to day basis. I talk to God daily, but not sitting in some hard church pew while I'm doing it.

Mary Humphrey said...

I have a lot of mixed thoughts of church these days. What Twisted Fencepost said is what I do, constant prayer (silent talking, not so much in the down on my knees prayer).

Shelby said...

I hear you. I feel that way often.

People make the rules tho, not God. His command is to love like He loves. I believe in that.

There are others too, you just have to look hard for them sometimes. I've been a part of some churches with just too many bad apples. There really are some good churchese tho with more good apples than bad.. just keep searching and don't give up.

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful church.

God is with us everywhere - always. We don't have to be in church to have a chat - all around us is the beauty He made ... and sadly too the ugly us humans chose to create. I like coming to your pretty part of the world! Thanks for sharing!