Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We have had a wonderful wintry weekend.

Ruth and Allan Kotzea came to visit from Webster South Dakota.

Friday night we bundled up with quilts and blankets in the Blazer and drove into town to watch "The Christmas Carole" with Jim Carey.

Harvey was all decked out with Christmas lights. Very pretty!

Saturday Ruth, Dawn & I made another trip to town for lunch at a very nice restaurant "Augie's" and a bit of shopping.

Back at home in the kitchen we had tea with white chocolate liqueur. (Yum)

Ruth baked a Delicious blueberry coffee cake while I made a pot of chili and biscuits.

Dawn had bought a tray of shrimp which we served with Loganberry wine (The sweetest wine I've ever tasted)

You'll have to come join us sometime in our winter wonderland.

5 comments:

lisa said...

That sounds like a wonderful time!

Karen Sue said...

Such a temptation to join you. We had a ballgame 1.5 hours drive away last night. The weather was good and it was kind of nice to see different Christmas lights. Although they'd have been prettier with more snow, I'll take the bare roads for the driving I did. What kind of temps are you having now? We had a snow day on Friday because of blowing, but not a huge amount of snow, luckily. Right now it has warmed to rain and slush us, but the temp is dropping back for more snow.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I would love to!
Sounds so cozy and relaxing.

Tipper said...

Sounds like a wonderful time-and if I could-I'd be right over : )

Paula said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you had a good time!