Friday, April 11, 2008

Under the Hood Ornament

This is my new under the hood ornament.
What do you think?
Isn't it beautiful!
This morning while driving my daughter to the school bus, we herd what sounded like something live in the dash of the Blazer & when I turned the fan on, it sounded like it was about to explode.
Back at home I opened the hood, but couldn't find anything, so I took it in to the Chevy dealer, who found a huge mouse nest & 1/2 a bag of dog food up in my engine.
I had to move the dog food out of the garage & put mouse poison around and under the hood. I hope the duct tape holds!
I don't like mouse poison, but I guess it is better then having a ruined vehicle. After all I do need to drive!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Good Grief!! Right after I bought my Explorer I was leaving work late one night. As soon as I started my car smoke started billowing out of the dashboard. Turns out there was a mouse nest in my heater core. $500 worth of damage ~ Get those little buggers out of there!

Mimi said...

this is really funny on my side of the screen reading it... but I know it was not that funny for you...
that mouse was hoarding the dog food up..so he wouldn't get hungry...
I hope you catch (or kill) him...

Susan said...

Your story brought to mind Paula's mouse-in-the-engine incident. It certainly was not funny at the time and for a moment it seemed Paula would be attempting to go car shopping again. Hard to do when you just spent your life savings on the mouse-wrecked vehicle in the shop!!!
Isn't it amazing how quick those little monsters can build a nest (and pack in 25 pounds of dog food!!!)?

Anja said...

No way! Good thing you noticed it right away! Hope it'll all be okay soon...