Friday, September 2, 2011

It's a Dogs Life


 This is a spot on the beach in the beautiful Pungent Sound area where Dawn and I traveled last month for my niece Brittany's wedding.

Shortly after arriving at the charming rented cottage we decided to stretch our legs. We found a trail leading down to the beach. This is a spot of beach with houses along the shore.

We sat on a log to take in the views.

Two lady's in sun hats and sandals where walking towards us surrounded by dogs. As they approached I reached out to pet a dog.

The beach gals said only one of the dogs was theirs. The rest had just tagged along for a walk down the beach.

After they passed an old Newfoundland lumbered down from a near by house and sat down right beside me. I petted his soft head for a bit. After awhile he got up and hobbled down the beach.

 Dawn & I decided to walk to the country store to get a refreshing drink.

 Laying just inside the door was a big black lab.

 The young store keep says "Rex, go to the beach. You can't stay in here all day."
 So Rex gets up and heads out the door to the beach.



 It seems as if the dogs in the small town of Indianola are community owned.
Or maybe they own the community?

4 comments:

Paula said...

I love Indianola! It's such a beautiful spot. Glad you and Dawn made it and had a few minutes to walk on the beach!

Adrienne said...

I love it! What a great story ... a dogs live indeed!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Sounds like a good life to me!
What a relaxing place. I would love to visit there.

Susan said...

I wish I could have met the community dogs!