Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Emergency

Winter is defiantly holding us in it's icy grips.
We woke up Saturday morning to a new covering of snow. Driving to work that morning was a bit scary. No one Else had driven out our way, so there were no tracks to follow. Everything was white. In some spots you couldn't tell where the road ended or began. I drove about 15 or 20 miles per hour for about seven miles before I got to a road that I could see some old tracks on and ended up back tracking six more miles to get to the highway. I did make it to work in one piece. Needless to say I was a bit late.
That day the snow continued to fall so the hospital called a snow emergency. In a snow emergency you have to stay if scheduled to work the next day.
My boss Denice called and said "Stacey you stay at my house." She insisted I sleep in her comfy bed and she slept on the couch.
We had a great girls night, eating pizza and playing cards & dice.
What a great group of people I work with.
I'm back at home now.
The snowplow has bladed the road and the sky is bright blue with plenty of sunshine.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh how I remember those days! A good friend of mine and coworker often slept at my house in 'snow emergencies'. We would eat pizza and chocolate and drink lots of coffee ... it's a wonder we made it to work the next day b/c we would stay up way too late talking!

You be careful out there!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Glad to hear the roads have been plowed.
My daughter also works at a hospital. She had to stay the whole weekend because the roads were so icy. They put her up in a hospital room that was vacant.

Paula said...

You're picture is so pretty but it must be pretty hairy out there on the roads. You're snow emergency girls night sounds fun. Hope you don't have to do it to often though!
Keep safe and drive very very carefully!

Karen Sue said...

I remember as a college girl working at our local ski resort and getting snowed in. They were smart enough to cancel the dogsled demos that weekend, but not the kids ski races, so it was overrun with rugrats. We slept upstairs in a old office area with mattress pads to cover up with, because all the extra blankets were covering the little skiers. I think someone wrestled up some washcloths for us. Not a fun night like yours! I think I'll get snowed in with YOU next time!

lisa said...

That is a very good picture.

Tipper said...

Such a pretty picture-I'm glad you made it safely to work!