Monday, July 25, 2011

Singing in the Shower

 Don't you just love to sing in the shower?
The acoustics are great in there.

My favorite song is
One Tin Soldier
Listen children to a story that was written long ago
about a kingdom on a mountain
and the vally far below.
On the montain lay a treasure
buried deep beneeth a stone.
The vally people swore they'd have it for thier very own.

Go ahead & hate your neighbor.
Go ahead & cheat a freind.
Do it in the name of heaven
Justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
come the judgement day
The bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away.

Now the valley sent a message up the hill
asking for the burried treasure
Tons of gold for wich they'd kill.

Came an answer from the kingdom
With our brothers we will share
all the rich's of our kingdom
all the secrets burried there.

Now the valley roared with anger.
Mount your horses
Draw your swords.
And they killed the mountain people
so they won there just rewards.
Standing on the mountain dark and grey,
turned the stone and looked beneath it.
Peace on Earth was all it said.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a freind.
Do it in the name of heaven
Justify it in the end.
There won't be any trumpets blowing
on the judgment day.
The bloody morning after
One tin soldier rides away.

What have you been singing lately?

6 comments:

lisa said...

Can't say that I have been singing lately, but I think I just might start!

Debi said...

I don't sing in the shower, but I do sing in the car... it's a great stress reliever!

Twisted Fencepost said...

For some reason "Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls" has been running through my mind over the past week.
But now "One Tin Soldier" will be taking it's place. LOL
Thanks for the change!! Love that song.

Jerry said...

Cool song Stacey! It took me a while to figure out who it was that I remembered singing that song. Then I recalled.......Do you remember Cher singing it?

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I can't sing in the shower -- I'd wake my sleeping kiddos! That definitely would not be a hit. Belt one out for me!

Susan said...

When I sing in the shower, the cat comes in and bites my ankles! Gee, I thought I sounded pretty good in there! I sang Ode to Billy Jo today anyway. That old cat's opinion doesn't count anyway!