Wednesday, March 16, 2011

 It's a late winters day, almost spring. The thin sunlight is filtering through a cloudy sky turning the world bright so you have to squint no matter which direction you look.
 The snow is turning first to slush and then to mud.
 it is a day you can take a walk wearing only a sweat shirt, jeans and rubber boots. You feel free, not encumbered by that bulky winter coat.
 I spotted a few geese flying overhead. I hope they find food and a soft place to land.
 Hungry deer have ventured up on the hillsides looking for fresh shoots popping up.
 Boys are bringing out their toys. I just saw Willie spinning donuts on the still ice covered lake.
 The dogs search for tasty tid-bits in the woods.

What signs of spring have you noticed?
Have you seen any Leprechaun's or pots of gold?

2 comments:

Susan said...

We had some gorgeous rainbows several days ago, but I saw no leprechauns nor pots o' gold at the end!

Paula said...

Your words paint a very pretty picture. Wish I could walk through your woods with you this day.

The blankie you made for Mazzy is beautiful and SOO soft! I love it!