Sunday, August 16, 2009

Napping at Grandma & Grandpa's

My Grandparents had their 70th wedding anniversary August 1rst.
each of us told a special a memory we have of Grandma and Grandpa.

I remember when I was a little tyke and being made to take a nap at their house.
At that age you don't want to take a nap. You might miss out on something.

Grandma & Grandpa's house sat in the lush woods outside of Ketchican Alaska. The sunlight shone green in the bedroom window filtering through the trees.

I would lay on Grandma's colorfull handmade quilt and gaze out the window where I remember seeing flying squirrels glidng from tree to tree. They have skin on their legs that stretch out and turns them into rodent gliders that travel very efficeintly through the thick forest.

6 comments:

Paula said...

That's such a cool memory. It was fun to hear what everybody had to say and we all had such different memories.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I've never seen a flying squirrel before. What a neat thing to watch while waiting for the sand man to visit.

lisa said...

I love the memories of my grandparents also. We used to always get a vitamin C (tasted like candy) when we went over!! I remember this huge doll that was as big as I was (5 years old), I loved that doll!! Great!

Shelby said...

I loved reading this "memory." I have similar memories of my grandparents. Lovely lovely times.

Anonymous said...

I miss my grandparents so much!

I enjoy hearing special memory stories!

I used to love the gardens. I spent a lot of time walking through, looking, smelling, and hiding out in those gardens!

Tipper said...

Stacey-makes me wish I could lie there and nap too-sweet.