Sunday, June 17, 2012

Skull Art


I am an artist at heart. When I get a bit of spare time I dig out my paints and brushes. I paint on any surface available. In the past I have had my eye out for smooth rocks to paint scenes and flowers on.

Lately I have been intrigued by skulls. You can find them while walking about our property. Buffalo, cattle and deer, many of these animals souls have flown off to the great unknown and left their bones lying about.



Here is my latest skull art.
Painted on a cow skull.


 I hope these creatures don't mind that I am using their bones for my creations.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I had to laugh when I read your post. A few years ago my sweetheart went bear hunting in Eastern Oregon in the Spring. He came home the day before Mother's Day. His gift to me? A white-washed skull of a three-point buck deer! I wasn't too thrilled but every time I see it hung in the garage I have to smile. Maybe I should visit you and have you paint it for me!
~Adrienne~

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

Sorry, I goofed on my comment - I asked where did you hang it? That's neat - I like the colors you used, Stacey! Now that's being creative! I'd like to see some more of those done up!

Paula said...

That one's gorgeous, Stacey! Did you hang it somewhere?